2011 Collings – D2H MRA Andirondack/Rosewood – ID 2784
Slowly but surely Collings is becoming the No. 1 manufacturer for acoustical guitars, mandolins and ukuleles.
This extremely rare D2HMRA has an Adirondack top and Madagascar Rosewood sides and back.
Madagascar Rosewood was only used at Collings until about 2011 and is tonally very close to the protected Brazillian Rosewood.
Good condition with traces of use. A belt pinhole on the neckheel was closed.
Super-rare dream-acoustic from Captain’s collection.
– Selected Adirondack spruce top
– Madagascar Rosewood Sides and Back
– High gloss laquer
– Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette
– Grained ivoroid top/back body binding
– Herringbone trim with matching 2-style backstrip
– Pre War scalloped bracing
– Tortoise Style Pickguard
– Mahogany Neck
– Ebony Fretboard – 20 Frets
– Modified V-Neck
– Mother of pearl fretboard inlays
– Ebony Bridge
– Collings Deluxe Hardshell Case
– Weight: 2174 gram